A reminder to optometrists that there are several employment-related posters that must be posted in an area where all employees can view them.
What follows is a list of the currently required posters. Keep in mind that the information provided below is general in nature and is not intended to address or resolve individual issues. The requirements may change.
Required Federal Posters:
- Federal Minimum Wage
- Consolidated Equal Employment Opportunity
- Job Safety and Health Protection (OSHA)
- Notice of Protection Under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act
All four above are required to be displayed by all employers, regardless of the number of employees.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (for employers with 50 or more employees).
The following website has additional information: www.wagehour.dol.gov
You can also get PDF files and print the posters from the above site.
Required Ohio Posters:
- Fair Employment Practices Law, Equal Employment Opportunity.
- OH Minimum Wage Law.
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and Workers’ Compensation Fund Notice (BWC).
- Public Employment Risk Reduction (State OSHA).
- No Smoking.
- Ohio Minor Labor Laws (required only if you employee minors).
- Unemployment Compensation
The above posters can be downloaded for printing here: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/file.asp?id=887&type=application/pdf
These posters and others can be obtained, free of charge, from the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services website: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/inter.asp